Does the Safety of Your Floor Concern You?
As a marketer of floor care systems, Zervas Facility Maintenance is aware that a floor's safety underfoot is as important as its appearance. That's why we provide great-looking, low total cost floor care systems that are safe underfoot.
What does Zervas Facility Maintenance do to keep your floors safe?
• Every floor finish we supply is slip-tested to conform to ASTM D2047 standards.
• Underwriters Laboratories (UL) slip resistance classification throughout our product line provides a comprehensive floor care system under which ALL products are slip-tested, including:
• Dust Mop Treatments
* ASTM D2047 and UL Standard requires slip value of 0.5 or greater for approval.
What helps prevent slip and falls?
• Commitment by management to reduce slips and falls through their approval of proper floor care products and support of a good maintenance program.
• Training of all employees to look for and eliminate potential slip and fall hazards.
• Using only ASTM/UL-tested products throughout your facilities.
• Follow good maintenance procedures that include: frequent dust mopping, maintaining walk-off mats, proper signage (wet floor, etc.), spot mopping spills and water immediately, regular cleaning and restoring and frequent burnishing.
As a user of Zervas Facility Maintenance and our Manufacturer's Floor Care Products and Supplies, we are able to provide you the following support if a slip or fall occurs in your facility:
• Expert witnesses and legal consulting available in North America.
• Slip tests with our James Machine to confirm that a suspect product is slip-resistant.
• Documentation that a given product has been classified slip-resistant by Underwriters Laboratories.